- Youth - that we work to involve people of ages in all of the ministry of Zion and to build a community that seeks to raise caring and responsible children and adolescents.
- Community Involvement - we encourage the members of Zion to live out their faith in the community they reside in so that these commmunities advocate the values of the Christian faith.
- Spiritual Growth - we seek to offer opportunities that lead the members of Zion to grow in their relationship with God.
- Volunteerism - we believe that everyone has a gift, which needs to be discovered, developed and deployed in ministry. That our community is stronger when all the members are involved in ministry.
- Variety in worship - that our praise of God be done in a variety of ways so as to meet the needs and gifts of all our members and guests.
- Hospitality - we seek to welcome all people to worship. Learning and ministry.
Basic understanding of these core values:
- Mission is why this church exists
- The love of God is the context of all mission
- Structure must always submit to Spirit
- Relevance to culture is not optional
- Creativity is the natural result of spirituality
- That these core values are not a program or emphasis, but a value